Course Length: 2.5 hours
Food Safety and Quality Assurance consists of three modules and one exam. The Food Safety Overview, Quality Assurance Overview, and Recall and Crisis Management modules will provide learners a deep understanding of food safety in Canada including Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR) and other regulatory requirements, recall and crisis management planning, and much more! Upon completion of the course, learners will have obtained the learning outcomes outlined in each below module.
Food Safety Overview
- Describe common types of contamination in produce.
- Explain the roles of government and business in the safety and security of the food supply.
- Understand common factors of Food Safety Schemes.
- Describe important aspects of quality assurance.
- Understand the difference between quality assurance and quality control.
- Understand product specifications. Explain common produce defects.
- Understand how a supplier and buyer work together to maintain quality.
Recalls and Crisis Management
- Explain the importance of the recall process. Describe the components of a good recall plan.
- Understand common traceability principles.
- Describe the importance of crisis management.
- Identify important aspects of crisis management.