Course Length: 2.5 hours
Sales & Marketing consists of three modules and an exam. The Procurement, Merchandising and Industry Trends modules cover the business of produce including business development and relationships, procurement and marketing strategies, and industry trends across the supply chain. Upon completion of the course, learners will have obtained the learning outcomes outlined in each below module.
- Understand timelines and requirements for purchasing produce.
- Understand the elements of a good deal for the seller and purchaser.
- Identify common issues and solutions with the procurement process.
- Apply market strategies for retail, wholesale, and foodservice.
- Apply merchandising strategies for grower/shipper operations.
- Understand the importance of different types of product.
- Explain how various produce items are merchandised and why.
- Explain the use of various promotional strategies.
- Explain changing consumer purchasing habits.
- Understand how internal and external factors are currently affecting the produce industry.
- Analyze how changes in technology are impacting various segments of the produce supply chain.