Course Length: 2 hours
Supply Chain Logistics consists of two modules and an exam. The Logistics Overview dives into common terminology and logistical considerations including temperature and ethylene management and crossing international borders. The Modes of Transportation module covers the ways produce can be shipped and when mode each is applicable. Upon completion of the course, learners will have obtained the learning outcomes outlined in each below module.
- Explain the tendering process.
- Understand common logistics terminology.
- Describe the importance of temperature and ethylene management.
- Explain common practices for crossing international borders.
Modes of Transportation
- Understand the basics modes of transportation used to move produce and the strengths of each.
- Identify major shipping ports in Canada and across the globe.
- Describe considerations for maintaining quality during transport.